A grateful heart lifts your own spirits and the spirits of those around you. When you commit to an attitude of gratitude, you foster more meaningful relationships with the ones you care about—yourself included. I want to give you three simple ways to express gratitude each day, and show you how each one has been proven to increase your well-being.
• Handwritten Notes: Studies show people who write notes are more satisfied with life and show fewer symptoms of depression.
1. Pick up a pen and a pack of blank notecards.
2. Send at least one note a week.
3. Keep it positive, including at least one reason why you’re grateful for this connection.
• Small Acts of Kindness: Studies show more kindness means more happiness! It is reported that people who performed acts of kindness for friends, family members and colleagues for seven days all reported higher levels of happiness and well-being.
1. Buy coffee for a coworker or doughnuts for the office.
2. Be a genuine listener, look for opportunities to fill a need.
3. Get lunch with a friend who is new to the area.
• Daily Gratitude Check-Ins: Studies show counting our blessings increases well-being. Writing down what you’re grateful for each week creates more life satisfaction and optimism for the week ahead.
1. Write three things you’re grateful for on a sticky note, and glance at it regularly.
2. Take a daily walk and reflect on what you’re grateful for.
3. Keep a gratitude journal, updating at the beginning or end of your day.
Here are a few H[APP]INESS Tracking sites that you may find useful to track your progress and remind you to smile, breathe and have a bit of fun!
• Track Your Happiness – this app was created by Harvard University researchers and prompts you to answer questions throughout the day, generating a “happiness report” after 50 questions.
• Happify – this app calculates a happiness score based on a questionnaire.
• My Gratitude Journal – this is a digital journal that helps you track five things you’re grateful for each day and gives rewards as incentives to stay consistent.
I can honestly say that I am so grateful for each and every one of you, and happy to help keep you accountable on your own gratitude journey.
Until next week….
Jill Santandrea, Broker Manager, EXIT Homestead Realty Professionals LLC, 1070 E Chestnut Ave, Vineland, NJ 08360; 856-692-EXIT; Cell: 856-362-0967; Direct: 888-856-5455; TheJillTeam.com; E-mail: TeamJill@ExitHomePros.com; Text JillS to 85377 for my mobile business card. Listen to Jill on 99.9FM SNJ Radio Today. Source: 2019 Buffini & Company