For the second time in five years, the Philadelphia Eagles have an opportunity to prove they are the National Football League’s best team when they oppose the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl LVII this Sunday in Arizona.
There are several intriguing storylines in this matchup between the National Football Conference (NFC) champion Eagles and the American Football Conference (AFC) champion Chiefs.
The Eagles, wearing their midnight green jerseys for the contest, will face their former coach, Andy Reid. “Big Red,” as he is known throughout the football world, is the most successful coach in Eagles history, but was unable to take the team to the mountaintop during his 14-year tenure. Jason Kelce, Eagles center, and Travis Kelce, tight end for Kansas City, are the first brothers to ever play against each other in a Super Bowl.
Jalen Hurts and Patrick Mahomes will be the first two American quarterbacks of African descent to face each other in the Big Game’s history.
An Eagles win will give loyal fans bragging rights over other NFL fans in the area (especially those insufferable Dallas Cowboys fans) for the next year.
* * *
1. Where will you be watching the Super Bowl?
2. How will you feel if the Eagles win the Super Bowl?
3. Who’s your favorite Eagle?
4. What’s your score prediction?
Jennifer Sweeney, assistant to VP & CAO, Rowan College of SJ–Cumberland campus
1. At home with my hubby and fur babies, all decked out in our Eagles gear!
2. I imagine the same response as when they won in the 2017-2018 season, cheering and laughing with tears of joy.
3. Boston Scott. He is such an explosive runner and fun to watch.
4. Eagles 24-14
Darren Bunton, Pittsgrove, truck driver, Vegans Are Us co-owner
1. At a local pub or at home.
3. Jalen Hurts. I love Hurts because of what he’s been able to accomplish and also how he responded to the pressure and the criticism that I feel was unwarranted.
4. Eagles 30-21
Kelly Anne Garcia, Vineland, mother, Hip Hop lyricist with KNomad Nation, hostess:
1. At home.
2. Immense excitement, as well as overwhelming joy that my son, who is very much an Eagles fan himself, will get to experience a Super Bowl win by, to quote him, “our Eagles.”
3. Haason Reddick. He’s a great linebacker and represents South Jersey, as well as being an alumnus of Temple University.
4. Eagles 38-27
TariqMahdi Ennals-El, Vineland, shipping department, Intex Millwork Solutions
1. At home.
2. I’ll be bouncing off the walls! To witness them win a second title in five years will be a special moment, for sure.
3. Jalen Hurts. I like the way he conducts himself, his toughness, his vigor, and how he always strives to be a better version of himself every day.
4. Eagles 24-17
Antonio Ricci, Vineland, Sales Clerk, Walmart
1. In the comfort of my home.
2. Excited and happy! Go Birds!
3. I don’t really have a specific player I favor. I like the whole team as a unit.
4. Eagles 34-23