Avelo Airlines announced late last week that it will open the airline’s fourth base at Wilmington Airport (ILG) next February. The new base will unlock a new era of affordable, convenient and reliable air service for the Delaware Valley, encompassing portions of four states, including Delaware, Southeastern Pennsylvania / Philadelphia, South Jersey and the northern Eastern Shore of Maryland.
Avelo will initially serve five popular nonstop Florida destinations from ILG: Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Orlando, Tampa and West Palm Beach. Very low introductory one-way fares starting at $49 are available at AveloAir.com.
Avelo Airlines Founder, Chairman and CEO Andrew Levy said, “The Delaware Valley region wants and deserves more affordable, convenient and reliable air travel. Avelo was founded with a simple purpose – to Inspire Travel. Our very low fares and nonstop flights to five sun-soaked Florida destinations coupled with the fast and seamless experience at Wilmington Airport will make traveling easier than ever. We appreciate the warm reception and support Avelo is receiving from Delaware Governor John Carney, New Castle County Executive Matt Meyer and so many other government and business leaders here. We look forward to welcoming everyone aboard Avelo’s first ILG flight in February.”
Delaware River & Bay Authority Executive Director Thomas J. Cook said, “It’s a great day for Delaware and more importantly, for travelers who are looking for affordable, convenient commercial air service options.”
Avelo ILG Flight Schedule
• Orlando (MCO) Special Inaugural Flight Wednesday, February 1, 2023 Effective February 3, 2023 – Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays
• Fort Lauderdale (FLL) Effective February 2, 2023 – Thursdays and Sundays
• Tampa (TPA) Effective February 2, 2023 – Thursdays and Sundays
• Fort Myers (RSW) Effective February 3, 2023 – Mondays and Fridays
• West Palm Beach (PBI) Effective February 4, 2023 – Wednesday and Saturdays