Nature lovers enroute across the pond to Great Britain, in addition to the usual tourist landmarks, might consider wrapping up warm, grabbing a hot drink and taking a stroll at some of the best winter beauty spots. To help boost moods and improve our physical and mental wellbeing, the experts at GardenBuildingsDirect.co.uk are sharing their 10 most beautiful gardens for a wintery walk.
1. Belsay Hall Gardens, Northumberland: Owned by garden enthusiasts, Belsay Hall Gardens have been carefully crafted into a well-loved beauty spot. They have several formal gardens for visitors to wander around, including a winter garden. Those heading to Belsay can enjoy the beauty of three types of snowdrops, yellow-berried hollies and festive red rhododendrons all displayed within the winter garden.
2. Anglesey Abbey, Cambridge: This winter garden was designed specifically for the snowy season, with flowers and plants chosen for their colors, appearance and fragrance during the winter months. With the dedication and work put into creating the perfect garden for a winter walk, Anglesey Abbey is a must-see for all nature lovers.
3. Cambo Gardens, Fife: This gorgeous park spans a massive 2.5 acres and dates back to the 1800s. The gardens have been created with an emphasis on making year-round interest and beauty; it is beautiful no matter the season. The winter garden is bursting with tall silver birch trees and gorgeous wintery snowdrops.
4. Dyffryn Gardens, Cardiff: This beautiful Welsh garden displays lots of life and color over the winter months, making it a perfect spot for a winter stroll. Nature lovers should head to the arboretum to explore the festive holly berries, winter roses and beautiful red barks.
5. Ardgillan Castle and Demesne, Ireland: Ardgillan’s gardens bring a beautiful display of winter color to visitors every year through the variety of plants growing there, such as jasmine, mahonia and viburnum. As nature lovers walk around the gardens they will surely capture the bliss of a wintery walk.
6. The Eden Project, Cornwall: With the largest indoor rainforest in the world, a diverse range of tropical plants and an amazing botanical garden, this spot is sure to distract from even the coldest of weather and is a must-see for adults and children alike.
7. Westonbirt Arboretum, Gloucestershire: Perhaps one of the most widely known arboretums in the UK, this Gloucestershire spot has one of the most impressive tree collections globally and is definitely not your average garden.
8. Dunham Massey Garden, Cheshire: Dunham Massey’s winter garden boasts over 1,600 trees, winter shrubs and evergreens, chosen specifically for their resilience and beauty throughout the winter months. The huge seven-acre garden is filled with flowers, greenery and wildlife.
9. Flatford Wildlife Garden, Suffolk: This Suffolk-based garden is brimming with flocks of birds and flowers, making the garden a great place for all ages to enjoy a winter walk this year.
10. Antrim Castle Grounds, Northern Ireland: This site is over 400 years old, making the gardens a wonderful historic escape to wander around this winter. With free admission and scenic paths, wonderful features like the Yew Tree Pond and Her Ladyship’s Pleasure Garden, the grounds at Antrim are the perfect place for a beautiful winter walk. n
Magic Carpet Travels is located at 1359 S. Main Road, Vineland, NJ 08360. Contact at email@example.com or 856-507-9110.