Nineteen Vineland Rotary 2019 scholarship winners have begun their college terms now after earning recognition for their academic accomplishments and receiving a total of $25,500 to help them achieve even more.
Rotarians Susanna Philippoussis and Sherry Soutiere made the introductions and presented the awards at the annual scholarship banquet at Merighi’s Savoy Inn.
“These high school graduates and college students are some of the best Cumberland County has to offer both in terms of academics and all-around performance,” said Soutiere, Rotary vice president and program director. “Rotary is proud of them and happy to help them on their paths to future success.”
Annually awarding scholarships to area students is one of Rotary’s longest-running community service activities and an essential aspect of the organization’s engagement with area youth.
The following are the recipients of the 2019 Scholarships:
• Harry Kejzman Memorial Scholarship $1000 – Kara Kuchinski, Vineland High School (VHS)
• Shaye Kotok Memorial Scholarship $1500 – Roselynne Marie Miller, Millville High School (MHS)
• John Spoltore/Matt Blatt Most Inspirational Scholarship $2500 – Joyce M. Reaves, VHS
• Les Kotok Memorial Scholarship $1500 – Lucas E. Portadin, VHS
• SNJ Today’s Hometown hero $2500 – Mackenzie E. Oliver, MHS
• Harry Doerr Memorial Scholarship $1000 each – Dinora Angel-Ramirez, Rowan College of South Jersey – Cumberland (CCC); Emily O’Neill, Rutgers University; Oleh Chernenko, Rowan University
• Rev. C. Ross Collins Memorial Scholarship $1500 – Sophia Gerner, St. Joseph’s High School
• Vineland Rotary Memorial Scholarship Tribute to Deceased Rotarians $1000 – Lauren Kavanaugh, MHS
• Cumberland County College University Center Scholarship $1000 – Heather Reese, CCC
• Otto Schwabe Memorial Scholarship $1500 – Raesha Campbell, VHS
• William F. Dudley Sr. Memorial Scholarship $1500 – Sakshi Thakkar, VHS
• Bruce and Lois Middleton Scholarship $1000 – Emily Corson, Schalick High School
• Elizabeth “Betty” Dondero Memorial Scholarship $1500 – Ariel N. Woodfall, CCC
• Kimball Cup Vineland Rotary Lawrence M. Kimball Outstanding Scholarship Award $1000 – Sara Parks, VHS
• Jersey Fresh Scholarship $1500 – Jenna Delgado, Bridgeton High School
• Spirit of Rotary Scholarship $1000 – Caitlyn Muller, CCC
• Edward F. Duffy Memorial Scholarship $1000 – Jacqueline Reyes, CCC
Dondero Jewelers donated the Kimball Cup. The scholarship committee was recognized for its hard work examining the applications and selecting the winners.
Rotary is an international organization of more than 1.2 million business, professional, and community leaders. There are 33,000 Rotary Clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas. Clubs are nonpolitical, nonreligious, and open to all cultures, races, and creeds.
The Vineland organization meets on Tuesdays at 12:10 p.m. at Ramada Vineland. For information on individual or corporate memberships, contact Membership Chair Ed Morvay at firstname.lastname@example.org