This story is being republished under a special NJ News Commons content-sharing agreement related to COVID-19 coverage. Link to story: roi-nj.com/2021/09/07/industry/survey-more-than-half-of-n-j-business-leaders-ready-to-attend-in-person-events-today/
The New Jersey business community may be slowing its return to the office—but its willingness to return to in-person networking events remains high, according to a recent New Jersey Chamber of Commerce/ROI-NJ poll.
The survey, conducted during the last week of August, found that more than 57% of respondents were either “highly likely” or “somewhat likely” to attend an event being held that day. Only slightly more than one in four (29%) said they would be “highly unlikely” or “somewhat unlikely” to attend. Of those responding, 13% said they were “not sure.”
The six-question survey provided a number of insights, including:
• 56% of those surveyed are ready to attend events now—and an additional 15% feel they will be ready 2-3 months from now. Only 1% said they will need more than a year to feel comfortable
• Three of five surveyed (61%) said their company does not have a policy regarding attendance at in-person events. Only 3% said their company restricts attendance
• Just over 50% (53%) said they would like proof of vaccination required to attend an event; 51% said they would like masking guidelines to be in place for events
• Just under one in four (24%) said they do not need any restrictions in place to be willing to attend an event
The survey was answered by 150 business leaders.
Here’s a complete look at the results:
If today you were invited to an in-person business networking event, what are the chances you would attend?
• Highly likely: 39%
• Somewhat likely: 18%
• Not sure: 13%
• Somewhat unlikely: 11%
• Highly unlikely: 18%
If today you were invited to attend an in-person business networking event, in what timeframe would you consider attending?
• Now: 56%
• 2-3 months: 15%
• 3-6 months: 15%
• 6-12 months: 13%
• More than 12 months: 1%
Does your business have a policy with regard to attending in-person events?
• Yes, it restricts attendance: 3%
• Yes, it provides guidelines for attending: 27%
• No: 61%
• Don’t know: 8%
If you were invited to a business networking event, and your business allowed attendance, under what conditions would you consider attending (check all that apply)?
• Social distancing: 38%
• Masking: 51%
• Proof of vaccination: 53%
• Complete clearance from N.J. Dept. of Health: 13%
• Complete clearance from CDC: 13%
• Temperature check: 26%
• No conditions needed: 24%
Does your business host networking events?
• Yes: 46%
• No: 54%
If your business hosts events, when is the next one planned for?
• Next 3 months: 24%
• 3-6 months: 9%
• 6-12 months: 5%
• Next 12-24 months: 2%
• Already has hosted an event: 20%
• Has no plans to host event: 30%
• Don’t know: 10%