Give your sweetheart the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day by visiting New Jersey wine country for the Wine & Chocolate Wine Trail Weekend presented by the Garden State Wine Growers Association. This year the event will be celebrated on two weekends— February 8 and 9 and February 15 and 16 from noon to 5 p.m. at participating wineries in the state.
On the Trail Weekends, you can experience leading New Jersey wines paired with chocolates supplied by local chocolatiers, live music and more. Many wineries are also offering Valentine’s Day dinners.
Here are some of the local highlights for the Wine & Chocolate Wine Trail Weekend.
• Cedar Rose Vineyards in Millville Cedar Rose Vineyards, Millville will be participating in both weekends offering wine and chocolate pairings and live music.
• At Bellview Winery in Landisville, enjoy a flight of wines paired with unique chocolate and food combinations, as well as a chocolate charcuterie board and the release of their “Love Potion” or red wine hot chocolate.
• DiBella Winery in Sewell will offer chocolate pairings with their wines on the 14th from 3 to 8 p.m., on the 15th and 16th from 12 noon to 5 p.m. Tastings are $5 and outside food/snacks are encouraged.
• Chestnut Run Farms in Pilesgrove will provide tastings of their Asian Pear wines on the first weekend only.
• Cedarvale Winery in Logan Township is participating in both weekends pairing their wines with chocolate morsels.
• Auburn Road Vineyards in Pilesgrove is celebrating Wine and Chocolate all month long. On both weekends, try a pairing of five wines and five chocolates for just $15. They also have a Valentine’s Day Dinner on February 14 at $45 per person featuring music by Wood’s Edge Trio. The main course will be Severino’s heart-shaped ravioli with a blush sauce. A Valentine’s Day brunch is set for February 16 from 10 a.m. to noon at $22 per person. Complete menus are available at auburnroadvineyards.com.
• Monroeville Vineyard and Winery in Monroeville has scheduled their event for the weekend of February 8 and 9. A $10 per person charge includes Wine Tasting, souvenir glass and complimentary chocolate samples. Live Music with Sweet Spot 2 to 6p.m. Wine Flights, assorted cheeses and $5 personal pizzas will also be available. No reservations required.
• At Balic Winery in Mays Landing, enjoy Beth Tinnon live on the 8th/9th and Susan Salmon on the 15th/ 16th. Also, enjoy chocolates along with free wine tastings of their best wines.
The GSWGA is a coalition of nearly 50 wineries and vineyards across New Jersey. Not all wineries will schedule events on both weekends. For updates and schedules visit newjerseywines.com/events.