- This event has passed.
It’s Real: Teens and Mental Health
July 11 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Cumberland County Library, 800 E. Commerce St., Bridgeton. 6–7 p.m. For teens ages 13 to18, this program raises awareness about mental health issues, how to start a conversation about mental health, the importance of self-care, and how to reach out for help. Attendees will learn:
- What mental health is and how it’s both similar to and different from, physical health
- How to notice signs of someone needing help
- Tips and strategies for having a caring conversation with someone they might be worried about
- Methods of self-care for mind, body, soul, and surroundings
- Examples of trustworthy resources
- How reaching out to trusted adults can help teens manage their mental health
This class will be taught by Jaime Angelini, the Statewide Director of Suicide Prevention, Crisis Response and Special Projects at the Mental Health Association in NJ (MHANJ).
Registration link: https://forms.gle/vBsXENJhoyVFYthTA