Let’s resume our westward “walking tour” of the Ave—this time with the 700 block. Because of space limitations, I’ll give you the businesses on the north side this week and those on the south side next week.
On the north side…
• 750 E. Landis Ave.—Ultimate Eye Care—Dr. Eugene Frank, Optometrist
• 744 E. Landis Ave.—Encore Business Group
• 742 E. Landis Ave.—Goddess Holistic Spa
• 738 E. Landis Ave.—Garibaldi Restaurant
• 736 E. Landis Ave.—The Honorable Frank J. Testa Municipal Justice Building
• 722 E. Landis Ave.—United States Post Office
• 720 E. Landis Ave.—Ruiz/Sloan Insurance Agency, Montañez Law Office
• 718 E. Landis Ave.—Fine Linz Barber Shop, Tete’s African Hair Braiding
• 714 E. Landis Ave.—Back To The Juicer
•712 E. Landis Ave.—H&R Block Tax Service
• 710 E. Landis Ave.—The Lay Up Barber Shop & Beauty Salon
• 700 E. Landis Ave.—First United Methodist Church
Don’t forget about our three “November To Remember” events:
• Weddings on The Ave, the ultimate wedding expo, will take place next week—Wednesday, November 6, from 6 to 8:30 p.m., at Grant Plaza, 619 E. Landis Avenue. Sponsored by Al’s Shoes, this bridal show will have wedding professionals offering their services to help make the wedding day spectacular. Doors will open at 6 p.m., at which time brides and grooms can network with the vendors. A bridal fashion show will occur at 7:30 p.m. by Rienzi Bridal Salon of Vineland for the gowns and Juvante Formal Wear of Vineland for the men’s apparel.
Vendors will offer everything needed for a special wedding experience. In addition to gowns and formal wear, you will find everything from shoes, jewelry, cosmetics, flowers, limousine service, tanning facilities, hospitality services, food and reception services, printing, photography, DJs, real estate and mortgages, travel services, dentistry and beauty enhancement, and more. Several of the vendors will be offering gift certificates. A grand prize will also be offered.
Brides and vendors can register by going to the Main Street Vineland website at TheAve.biz.
• Our Military Mural dedication will take place the following Monday, November 11—Veterans Day, at the mini-park at the corner of Landis Avenue and the Boulevard—435 W. Landis Avenue. Held rain or shine, it is free and open to the public, and will precede Vineland’s official Veterans Day ceremony at 11 a.m., in Landis Park.
Celebrated artist George Perez created the mural project, which honors active members of the five military branches— Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard—as well as veterans and POWs. The dedication is being headed up by Josephine Spinelli, and will include members and groups of the Vineland community who wish to honor our veterans.
A number of grantees contributed funds, goods, and services for the mural project, but additional support is being sought from the public and from companies to cover all expenses involved. People can donate at Main Street Vineland’s website—TheAve.biz—where giving levels are outlined. Any money above paying the necessary expenses for the project will go to the New Jersey State Veterans Home here in Vineland.
• Our Christmas Parade will round out the month on Saturday, November 30 (rain date: December 1) at 5 p.m. The theme is “’Twas the Night Before Christmas.” BB&T is again the major sponsor. Vendors, participants, and volunteers are being sought to help coordinate on parade night, and sponsorship opportunities are available. Applications to be in the parade or to be a vendor can be obtained by going to TheAve.biz. Participant applications must be completed online; register for free before November 15, with a $20 fee after that date. All registrations due November 22, no registrations allowed the night of the parade.