Our “walking tour” of the Ave continues as we wrap up our tour of the 700 block by crossing the street. Heading into the heart of our downtown, the businesses on these blocks become more numerous. On the south side:
• 743 E. Landis Ave.—Rienzi Bridal Salon
• 741 E. Landis Ave.—Cheryl’s Uniform (Ste. A), Hernando’s Hometown Pharmacy (Ste. B)
• 739 E. Landis Ave.—The Hand Foundation, Genesis Hair Creations Trinity
• 737 E. Landis Ave.—Gressman, Repice & Associates, Certified Public Accountants
• 735 E. Landis Ave.—Juvante Formal Wear
• 731 E. Landis Ave.—Taste of the Islands
• 729 E. Landis Ave.—CURA, Inc.
• 727 E. Landis Ave.—A.R. Fanucci Insurance Agency, Inc., A.R. Fanucci Real Estate, Inc., Tedesco Gruccio Law Offices
•723 E. Landis Ave.—La ‘Hair Beauté Salon
• 717 E. Landis Ave.—Francis C. Langrebe, Esq., Acoustical Hearing Aid Service
• 713 E. Landis Ave.—Alicia Tax Professionals
• 711 E. Landis Ave.—Vineland Dental Associates
• 709 E. Landis Ave.—$$ 4 Us (Money For Us) (Ste A), Renew Be Beauty Salon (Ste B)
• 707 E. Landis Ave.—X-Cell, Communications- Sukar & Sons—Cricket Dealer
• 703 E. Landis Ave.—Liberty Tax Service, Farmers Insurance, Metro PCS by Team Mobile
• 701 E. Landis Ave.—G7 St. Beauty Salon
Remember our three November events:
• Weddings on The Ave, the ultimate wedding expo, will take place next week—Wednesday, November 6, from 6 to 8:30 p.m., at Grant Plaza, 619 E. Landis Avenue. Sponsored by Al’s Shoes, the show will have wedding professionals offering services to help make the wedding day special. Doors open at 6 p.m., when brides and grooms can network with vendors. A bridal fashion show occurs at 7:30 p.m. by Rienzi Bridal Salon of Vineland for the gowns and Juvante Formal Wear of Vineland for the men’s apparel.
In addition to gowns and formal wear, you will find everything from shoes, jewelry, cosmetics, flowers, limousine service, tanning facilities, hospitality services, food and reception services, printing, photography, DJs, real estate and mortgages, travel services, dentistry and beauty enhancement, and more. Several vendors will offer gift certificates including a grand prize. Brides and vendors can register at TheAve.biz.
• Our Military Mural dedication will take place the following Monday, November 11—Veterans Day, at the mini-park at the corner of Landis Avenue and the Boulevard—435 W. Landis Avenue. Held rain or shine, it is free and open to the public, and will precede Vineland’s official Veterans Day ceremony at 11 a.m., in Landis Park.
Celebrated artist George Perez created the mural project, which honors active members of the five military branches— Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard—as well as veterans and POWs. The dedication is being headed up by Josephine Spinelli, and will include members and groups of the Vineland community who wish to honor our veterans.
A number of grantees contributed funds, goods, and services for the mural project, but additional support is being sought from the public and from companies to cover all expenses involved. You can donate at TheAve.biz. Money after expenses for the project will go to the New Jersey State Veterans Home here in Vineland.
• Our Christmas Parade will round out the month on Saturday, November 30 (rain date: December 1) at 5 p.m. The theme is “’Twas the Night Before Christmas.” BB&T is again the major sponsor. Vendors, participants, and volunteers are being sought to help coordinate on parade night, and sponsorship opportunities are available. Participant and vendor applications can be obtained by going to TheAve.biz. Participant applications must be completed online; register for free before November 15, with a $20 fee after that date. All registrations due November 22, no registrtions allowed the night of the parade.