South Jersey Gas wants to help customers better prepare for winter heating season by advising them of the following programs and services that can provide peace of mind when managing winter heating bills.
• Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) provides income-qualified customers with grants to offset their winter heating bills. For more information including eligibility requirements and an application, call 2.1.1 or the LIHEAP Hotline at 800.510.3102.
• Universal Service Fund (USF) awards eligible participants up to $1,800 each year in monthly credits split between a customer’s electric and gas bill. Applications are available year-round. For more information dial 2.1.1. or 800.510.3102. Income guidelines have been changed effective this program year.
• The Payment Assistance for Gas & Electric Program (PAGE) program provides a one-time grant of up to $750 to low-to-moderate-income households experiencing a temporary financial crisis. This program is for customers not eligible for other programs (e.g. LIHEAP or USF) during a given enrollment period. Visit NJPoweron.org for additional information and an application.
• Lifeline offers a $225 grant to seniors or adults receiving Social Security Disability benefits. The benefit can be applied equally to natural gas and electric utilities. For more information dial 800.792.9745.
• NJ SHARES provides financial relief to income-eligible households, not eligible for other types of assistance, in paying their energy, telephone and water bills. For more information dial 866.657.4273. Customers can also donate to support their neighbors in need through NJ SHARES at NJShares.org.
The South Jersey Gas Energy Assistance team hosts community outreach events to help determine customers eligibility and assist with program applications. Outreach dates are available online at southjerseygas.com/energyassistance. In addition to state and federal financial resources, South Jersey Gas provides customers with tools to help manage heating costs and energy savings.
• South Jersey Gas Budget Plan offers a convenient way for customers to pay a consistent amount every month for a 12-month period, based on historic usage, making household budgeting easier. Customers can enroll by calling the Customer Care Center at 800.582.7060 or by visiting southjerseygas.com.
• South Jersey Gas Energy Efficiency Program offers resources to help customers save money while reducing their carbon footprint—home energy assessments, home weatherization for income-qualified customers that include the installation of energy saving measures, a one-stop shop marketplace for instant rebates on energy-efficient products and high-efficiency equipment loans and rebates and more.