How many times have you talked about visiting a certain place or taking a “once-in-a-lifetime” vacation? It’s easy to dream, it’s difficult to “do.” We all have excuses for why we can’t accomplish a distant dream. Remove those limits, and follow this path to make your dreams a reality.
• Visualize Your Dreams: Create a vision board with pictures of what you want to achieve, and glance at it regularly. Don’t worry if your dreams seem far-fetched at first. Dreams require you to do what you’ve never done, to go where you’ve never gone! Vision boards can be simple or extravagant, big or small—your imagination is your limit. Cut out pictures of things or places. Write out your goals. One month – Six months – One year – Five years? It’s up to you.
• Anticipate Obstacles: Think of all the factors that may disrupt your dreams—thoughts such as, “I can’t afford it,” or “The kids’ schedules are too busy.” As you write your goals, acknowledge your circumstances and plan accordingly.
• Set Actionable Goals: Write down steps to help you achieve each goal, like putting away $50 extra per month in a travel fund or getting a passport. Finally, determine by what age or date you will achieve these goals to add urgency.
• Build a Life-Changing Bucket List: Why wait to do something when you can do it right now? An effective bucket list contains goals you want to accomplish in your lifetime, not at one set time. Create your bucket list, and use it as motivation to act on your dreams now! Here are three categories to get you started.
1. Where I want to go
2. What I want to do
3. Things I’d like to achieve
I often hear people say “I’m waiting until I have money in the bank,” “I’m waiting until I have a good job” or “I just need to do this first.” Don’t regret the things you could have accomplished but didn’t because you were waiting for a better time.
Someone once commented that they were too old to go back to school. The response is “How old will you be if you don’t?” Tomorrow is never guaranteed. Reach for the stars. Let me leave you this week with a quote: “Set a goal so big that you can’t achieve it until you grow into the person who can.” —Anonymous
Have a happy week.
Jill Santandrea, Broker Manager, EXIT Homestead Realty Professionals LLC, 1070 E Chestnut Ave, Vineland, NJ 08360; 856-692-EXIT; Cell: 856-362-0967; Direct: 888-856-5455; TheJillTeam.com; E-mail: TeamJill@ExitHomePros.com; Text JillS to 85377 for my mobile business card. Listen to Jill on 99.9FM SNJ Radio Today. Source: 2019 Buffini & Company