City officials including Mayor Anthony Fanucci, City Council President Paul Spinelli, Councilwoman Elizabeth Arthur, invited guests, and some furry friends were on hand recently to officially open the city’s first dog park. The park, located in a wooded area on Laurel Road across from the Lincoln Avenue entrance to Giampietro Park, will give pooches large and small a chance to run and socialize with other dogs.
The new park, open from 6 a.m. to dusk, fulfills a promise Mayor Fanucci and City Council made when taking office.
“A dog park in the city is something that residents had brought up numerous times as something they would like to see, and I am proud we have been able to make it a reality today,” Mayor Fanucci said. “Our plan is to add at least one more location so that residents in various parts of the city will have an option as to where they can go. It is a great addition to our park system, and to the quality of life in Vineland.”
The park includes an 11,000 square-foot play area for larger dogs and a 6,500 square-foot play area for smaller dogs. Each play area includes an entry corral and is equipped with a dog-waste station and seating for dog owners.
A pet-friendly water fountain is available outside of the enclosures.
* * *
Rules for Dogs and Their Humans
Dog Park rules are posted at the entrance to the enclosures which include the following:
• All dogs entering the park must have current rabies shots and all other vaccines as required by State of New Jersey Law, and must have a valid municipal dog license displayed in ready view. Proof of current vaccination must be provided to Park Recreation/Animal Control upon request.
• No more than two dogs per person are permitted in the park at one time, and puppies must be older than four months.
• All dogs must be on a leash in the parking area and on the way in and out of the enclosures. Owners must carry a leash and monitor their dog at all times.
• Children under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult in the park.
• Violators are subject to removal by City of Vineland Park Recreation/Animal Control.