Source: Paul M. Lambrecht, MJ, MHA, CPHQ, CPPS, FACHE, Vice President Quality and Patient Safety, Inspira Health
In South Jersey, across the country and around the world, we’re in unprecedented times as we navigate the Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19). At Inspira Health, we’re here to be a resource for our community, sharing the latest information to keep our community informed.
Potential Reopening of Woodbury Facility: The New Jersey Department of Health (DOH) has contacted Inspira Health about reopening its Woodbury facility as a fully operating hospital for general overflow in South Jersey. It would be utilized for a variety of services to relieve strain on health care systems across South Jersey if the number of patients with Coronavirus continues to grow and overwhelm existing hospitals. While the plans are still evolving, Inspira is doing everything we can to assist the NJ DOH in regard to the reopening of Inspira Medical Center Woodbury.
Responding with Due Diligence: Inspira Health has diligently responded to the first cases of COVID-19. We have notified all potentially impacted patients, as well as staff, and implemented several measures in accordance with CDC guidelines. This situation sheds light on the continued need for collective vigilance in monitoring our health, and we are working swiftly and diligently in response to this situation for the safety and health of patients, employees, and the community.
Daily Precautions Reduce Your Risk: It’s critical that everyone takes necessary precautions to reduce exposure to the virus and prevent the virus from spreading. The CDC recommends these daily preventative actions:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
• Face masks should be used by all when in public and in close settings.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
• If you have symptoms of a respiratory infection (sneezing, coughing, runny nose, etc.) observe “respiratory etiquette.”
• Sit as far from others as possible.
• Cover your face when sneezing or coughing.
• Avoid touching others.
Staying informed and taking basic precautions are your best defense against COVID-19. In this rapidly evolving situation, here are several resources offering updated information to help lessen the risk around the community.
• Center for Disease Control
1-800-CDC-INFO or cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
• New Jersey Department of Health
• Governor Phil Murphy, the New Jersey Office of Emergency Management, the New Jersey Department of Health, and the United Ways of New Jersey
• NJ 2-1-1 has been activated to help handle COVID-19 related calls from New Jersey residents.
• Inspira Health Hotline