Bathroom tiles set the tone for the space. No bathroom is complete without floor and wall tiles that complement the fittings and fixtures. A dynamic pattern on your bathroom floor or a contrasting wall color can really set the tone of your bathroom.
No longer are bathrooms limited in the choice of tiles to plain white, square shapes, and glazed ceramic finishes. Today, there are several hundreds of different styles, colors, sizes when it comes to finding the perfect bathroom tile. The materials are no longer limited to ceramic. You can get tiles in travertine, sandstone, marble, and granite, to name a few.
Your imagination is the only limitation when it comes to bathroom design. Piecing tiles together can create a unique, striking, and eye-catching design either on the floor or on the wall of your bathroom.
Depending on the bathroom tile idea you have in mind, you will be able to choose tiles that suit the desired décor the best. The starting point for bathroom decoration is the range of shapes, sizes, textures, patterns, and materials these tiles are available in. A creative bathroom tile design idea can help you have the bathroom of your dreams.
Ceramic is preferred for bathroom floor tile as it is durable, offers resistance to dampness, and is non-slip to walk on when wet. It is also easy to clean and stains can be removed with little effort. Of course, this does not mean that other materials aren’t user-friendly or durable. You can select tiles in the materials of your choice, but check with the salesperson on durability and life.
Here are some tile ideas than can help you create your custom bathroom:
• Solid Color Tiles: Floor tiles in solid colors for your bathroom can help create a warm ambience. You can use tile borders in contrasting colors to the floor tile or you can create a pattern using two or more than two differently colored tiles. The visual impact will be very interesting.
• Different Sizes: Try to use colored tiles for floors and walls in different sizes or lay them diagonally to create unique patterns.
• Contrasting Grout Color: Using contrasting grout color with ceramic floor tiles can add interest. If you use white tiles, then consider grout in a darker color for contrast. Do not forget to apply sealers to grout lines in heavy traffic areas to protect and preserve the color of the grout.
• Your Favorite Tile Color: If your favorite bathroom tile color is blue, you can consider adding some blue decorative tiles on the walls or use different shapes/textures to make the composition visually appealing.
• Contemporary, Chic Look: Use bold and bright colors with graphics against plain backgrounds. Add contemporary and sleek styled accessories.
• Turn Up the Romance: Add a touch of romance to your bathroom with floral tiles in pastel or soft shades such as pink, light blue, light green or use hand-painted sinks and maybe get a wooden floor to complete the romantic ambience.
• Mediterranean Look: A mix of terracotta tiles and Mexican or Spanish hand-painted tiles for the floors will create a sunny theme.
Pay attention to the bathroom tile colors because colors affect your mood. If you like bright colors, peach and yellow could be the colors for you. These warm colors make your bathroom feel cozy. Using neutral colors like beige, white, or similar colors make the area look large and reflect color. Blues, greens, and violets are serene or cool colors, while reds, oranges, purples add a touch of drama while absorbing light and making an area look smaller.
Have fun shopping for your bathroom tiles. Remember to choose tiles that suit your individual tastes and are practical.