Parents battling cancer. Accident victims being raced into the ER. New moms and premature babies facing complications after birth. They all may need lifesaving blood at any minute. But what if their blood types weren’t available? Blood shortages occur because there simply aren’t enough people donating blood in the U.S. That’s why the American Red Cross is using the Missing Types campaign to raise awareness about the unmet need for blood and how donors can help save lives. Note these blood drives in the region.
• July 10: 10 a.m.–3 p.m., Genesis Healthcare, 54 Sharp St.
• July 5: 9 a.m–2 p.m., Inspira Health Fitness Center, 1430 W. Sherman Ave.
• July 8: 2–7 p.m., Moose Lodge No. 434, 187 W. Wheat Road
• July 12: 8 a.m.–6 p.m., Inspira Health Network Fitness Center, 1430 W. Sherman Ave.
• July 13: 10 a.m.–3 p.m., Shiloh Baptist Church, 1837 North East Blvd.