Here’s a Jersey Fresh recipe that incorporates some produce available this time of year—peppers. Hopefully, you froze some Jersey fresh corn from a month ago to add in, but canned corn will do if not. Check out a video for this recipe at findjerseyfresh.com/JerseyFresh/recipes/bell-pepper-nachos
Bell Pepper Nachos
- 3 large Jersey Fresh bell peppers
- ½ lb. Jersey Raised ground beef
- 1 TB taco seasoning
- ½ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup Jersey Fresh corn cut off the cob
- 1 small Jersey Fresh jalapeno, diced
- ½ cup Mexican or cheddar cheese, shredded
15 min. prep / 15 min. cook time
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- In a large skillet, stir the ground beef until cooked through.
- Add the taco seasoning and 2/3 cup of water and stir.
- Add the black beans, corn and jalapenos. Mix until combined and cook heated through.
- Using a small knife, core the stem from the pepper then slice the pepper in half. Then slice each half into three pieces. You should get six “chips” per pepper.
- Lay the pepper “chips” on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spoon the beef and veggie mixture onto the peppers.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until cheese melts, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve warm with Pico de Gallo, guacamole or your favorite toppings.