Governor Phil Murphy and Superintendent of the State Police Colonel Patrick Callahan announced an Administrative Order, permitting additional retail businesses to operate during their normal business hours. In addition to those listed in the box on page 4, the following businesses are considered essential in accordance with Executive Order No. 107:
• Mobile phone retail and repair shops;
• Bicycle shops, but only to provide service and repair;
• Livestock feed stores;
• Nurseries and garden centers;
• Farming equipment stores.
• Businesses that remain operational must comply with social distancing.
“While we understand that this an unprecedented time for our state, I thank each and every New Jerseyan for using their common sense and staying home as much as possible,” said Governor Murphy.
The Administrative Order also clarifies that municipalities may impose additional restrictions on beaches and boardwalks.