As you can see from the past few columns, we’ve been busy putting together events on The Ave to compensate for the lull the past year-and-a-half. It’s time to catch our breath and just go over some of the events we have coming up. You’ve read about them already, but reminders are always in order.
• The official inauguration of our Walk The Ave initiative and the dedication of our three walking trails will take place on Tuesday, September 14, at 12 p.m. As I stated, the signage is already up and maps are being printed to help those who want to take advantage of this way to see The Ave and keep fit at the same time. We’ll have a formal ribbon-cutting and then a “celebrity” one-mile walk. More information will follow on the event and the Walk The Ave program—with its one-, two-, and three-mile walks. It’ll be a great way to put feet on the street downtown and contribute to the health and well-being of the entire community.
• The 29th Cruise Down Memory Lane will take place Saturday, October 16, from 4 to 8 p.m. (change in time), with the rain date as the next day from 2 to 5 p.m. More than 1,000 classic cars will line The Ave for the downtown Vineland tradition. This event draws people from throughout the area. It has long put The Ave on the map for classical car enthusiasts and cruise fans. Watch for more.
• Our A Taste of Vineland & Volunteer Recognition Event will be returning after a one-year hiatus on Wednesday, October 27 from 6 to 9 p.m., at the Greenview Inn at Eastlyn Golf Course. 4049 Italia Ave., Vineland. Many of Vineland’s finest restaurants will be offering samples of their delicious signature dishes—main courses, appetizers, and desserts—as well as a fabulous silent auction and much more. We’ll also be recognizing those of our Main Street Vineland volunteers and partners who have contributed greatly to the work of our organization. We’ll have breaking news about that soon. Additional sponsorship opportunities are available and ad space will be available in the event program book.
• New Event: Plans are in the works for a craft and antiques fair/sidewalk sale for Saturday, November 6, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. We are working with a firm that has a large database of crafters. It will be a juried show, with the firm and Main Street Vineland working on the participant selection process. We are also inviting our merchants on The Ave to participate in the sidewalk show aspect of the event. You’ll be reading more about this exciting new event in the weeks to come.
• Watch for news on some upcoming ribbon-cutting events to help celebrate quite a few new businesses that have opened on The Ave in the past few months.
Remember that Main Street Vineland is here to help. We pass important business information along to our businesses every Wednesday, in the 9 a.m. hour, on SNJ Today 99.9 POP FM, Channel 22, and on Facebook Live on facebook.com/snjtodayradio.