Blueberry Ricotta Bars
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar and 1/3 cup sugar, divided
1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup shortening
3 Jersey Fresh eggs, separated,
1 for batter, 2 beaten slightly together for ricotta mixture
1/2 tsp. lemon extract
1 1/2 cup Jersey Fresh blueberries
1 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
15 minute prep / 60 minute cook time
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an eight-inch square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, 3/4 cup sugar and baking powder together. Add the milk, shortening, one egg and lemon extract. Using a hand mixer, mix on low for one minute, then on medium for one minute. Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle blueberries over the batter.
- In a bowl, add the two slightly beaten eggs, ricotta, 1/3 cup sugar and vanilla. Pour over the blueberries and spread evenly.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares and serving. n
For more Jersey Fresh recipes, visit findjerseyfresh.com/JerseyFresh/recipes