By: SNJ Today Staff
CARNEYS POINT, N.J. — Salem Community College is holding its first open house at the new Samuel and Jean Jones Glass Education Center this weekend.
The Open House will be held on Sunday, Oct. 20, behind Lot A on the northern end of SCC’s campus, 460 Hollywood Ave in Carneys Point.
The SCC Glass Club’s fall sale will feature handmade glass including pumpkins, flowers, jewelry, vases, and paperweights from 12:30 to 4 p.m. Guests can tour the new facility as well.
The Glass Education Center is also running three hands-on workshops during the Open House:
- Fused Halloween Decorations – 1.5-hour session from 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m., or 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m., $40 per person. Create a Halloween-inspired window decoration! Participants will create their fused glass window ornaments by layering pieces of flat glass and enamels and heating them in a kiln. Ages 4 and up. Under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Flameworked Halloween Pendants and Stir Sticks – 3-hour session from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., $55 per person. Attendees use heat, gravity and simple tools to create a glass pendants and themed stir sticks at the torch. Ages 10 and up. Under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Blown Glass Pumpkins – 1.5-hour sessions between 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m., or 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m., $75. Participants will create a glass pumpkin from the glass furnace in the glassblowing studio. Ages 14 and up. Under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Register for a workshop at salemcc.edu/glass/workshops. For more information, contact Kristin Deady at 856-351-2234 or email@example.com.
- What’s Good – ‘Bigger Than A Game’
- Museum of Cape May County Invites All to Their Holiday Open House
- Bridgeton’s Holiday House Tour Returns With New Stops; Tickets Available Now
SNJ Today is a Southern New Jersey news and information source that is dedicated to providing current stories related specifically to South Jersey.
Do you have community news or events? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org