By: SNJ Today Staff
MILLVILLE, N.J. — The WheatonArts and Cultural Center in Millville will continue its Family Days series through September 2020 with a grant from the PNC Foundation.
Through the PNC Alive grant, the WheatonArts Family Days! Presented by PNC Arts Alive! will provide free admission to all visitors on select days with a variety of family programming that includes artist demonstrations, special exhibition tours, hands-on workshops, and children’s art activities.
“The success of PNC Arts Alive can be seen in its continued extension, as well as the addition of support for neighborhood arts and culture organizations,” said Joseph G. Meterchick, PNC Bank regional president for Philadelphia, Delaware and Southern New Jersey. “With PNC Arts Alive-funded programming spanning more than a decade, we continue to see its benefits as our arts community grows and creates innovative exhibits and experiences reaching hundreds of thousands of people.”
WheatonArts is one of only 31 organization in the Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey region to be selected for the PNC Arts Alive grant.
Upcoming free-admission Family Days include:
– PAWS for Art, September 7 – Bring your family dogs to WheatonArts for a day of art and fun! Hosted in partnership with the South Jersey Regional Animal Shelter, this outdoor event is held rain or shine from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
– Family Days, October 19 and 20 – Enjoy free admission to WheatonArts all day with enhanced programming, including the “Tools of the Trade” curatorial touch cart.
– East Asian Autumn Festival, October 26 – Join us in the WheatonArts Event Center from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. for this one-day celebration providing a vivid introduction to the unique Asian traditions associated with the Moon and Lantern Festivals of East Asia!
– HalloWheaton, October 27 – Enjoy a free trick-or-treat event throughout the grounds at WheatonArts on October 27 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. rain or shine.
– Big Glass Blast, November 29 – Visit the WheatonArts Glass Studio from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. to be amazed as our Big Glass Blast Team designs and creates elements for a LARGE-scale Cornucopia throughout the day. See how all the pieces come together during the 3:30 p.m. narrated demonstration!
– Family Day, December 1 – Enjoy FREE admission to WheatonArts all day with enhanced programming, including creation stations and the “Tools of the Trade” curatorial touch cart. Holiday Glass in the Studio, December 7 – Venture down to the WheatonArts Glass Studio to watch as our glass artists create holiday-themed glass objects, large and small throughout the day.
– Family Day, December 8 – Enjoy FREE admission to WheatonArts all day with enhanced programming, including the “Tools of the Trade” curatorial touch cart.
Wheaton Arts and Cultural Center is located at 1501 Glasstown Road in Millville.
See the full Family Days schedule and event details online at wheatonarts.org/learn/familydays.
To learn more about WheatonArts, call 1-800-998-4552 or 856-825-6800, or visit online at wheatonarts.org. For more information on PNC Arts Alive and the grant recipients, visit NCARTSALIVE.com.
- Rowan University/Rutgers–Camden Board of Governors Names Two New Members
- Governmental Task Force Formed to Investigate Risks of Electronic Cigarettes
- Writing Program For Vets At Rutgers-Camden Gets $9K Boost
SNJ Today is a Southern New Jersey news and information source that is dedicated to providing current stories related specifically to South Jersey.
Do you have community news or events? Email us at email@example.com