By: SNJ Today Staff
CUMBERLAND COUNTY – The Cumberland County Office on Aging has announced that through a grant from the New Jersey Department of Health the Office on Aging will be giving vouchers for the USDA Senior Citizens Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program.
Eligible seniors will receive $25 worth of vouchers to purchase Jersey Fresh items are eligible farmers’ markets.
Below are the three sites in Cumberland County that seniors can apply:
- The County Office on Aging Office at 800 East Commerce Street, Bridgeton Cumberland County Library Complex), Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Fiorelli Senior Center, 6th and Elmer Street in Vineland, Tuesdays Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The Holly City Regional Senior Center, 1500 S. 2nd Street in Millville on Mondays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to noon.
“The County is very excited to be able to again offer this wonderful Program to our seniors.” Cumberland County Freeholder and Office on Aging Liaison, Carol Musso said. “We are fortunate to have numerous family-owned and operated farm markets throughout Cumberland County selling locally grown “Jersey Fresh” produce that we can make affordable to our seniors in need”
Seniors must be 60 or older and apply for the Farmers’ Market Coupon in the county they live in. A household of one can have a monthly gross income of up to $1,926 and a household of two can have a monthly gross income of up to $2,607. Proof of residence, age and income are required.
Coupons are available on a first-come-first-served basis and supplies are limited. For more information, please contact the Office on Aging and Disabled Outreach Office in Bridgeton at 856-453-2220.
- RCSJ Opens New Satellite Location in Bridgeton: Bringing Local, Affordable Educational Opportunities
- ‘Verse Diversity,’ Poetry Sees a Resurgence in Millville
- Let Your Setback Ignite Your Comeback
SNJ Today is a Southern New Jersey news and information source that is dedicated to providing current stories related specifically to South Jersey.
Do you have community news or events? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org