By: SNJ Today Staff
DELRAN, N.J. – The New Jersey STEM Pathways Network (NJSPN) hosted its end of the year celebration and final quarterly meeting at Delran High School in Burlington County.
The June 27th meeting highlighted the New Jersey STEM Month honorees and gave attendees updates on the goings-on with the organization.
NJSPN Manager and Executive Director of the Research & Development Council of New Jersey, Kim Case gave a recap about the last quarter, and highlighted the New Jersey STEM Data Dashboard.
Participants from the Zhejiang – New Jersey STEM Innovation Education Forum, among them K-12 Supervisor for Delran Township Public Schools Erica DeMichele, shared their experiences from their June trip to Wenzhou, China. That event included nearly 400 Chinese officials and representatives, as well as Kean University administrators and staff.
NJSPN then recognized individuals and organization for their work in STEM.
- STEM Corporate Partner of the Year was awarded to PSEG
- STEM Collaboration of the Year was awarded to New Jersey Makers Day, New Jersey State Library, and the Newark Museum for their collaboration on the Leap into Science initiative
- STEM Advocate of the year was awarded to Daryl Detrick, a Computer Science Teacher at Warren Hills High School
- STEM Civic Leadership of the year was awarded to Rishabh Rout, Edison high school student and Founder and President of WeMake 4HSTEM
- Educator of the Year was awarded to Christine Girtain, Director of Authentic Science Research at Toms River High School (North & South)
For more information, visit njstempathways.org.
- The Sea Isle City Beach Patrol to Host Annual ‘One-Mile Ocean Swim’ This Weekend
- Gloucester County Songwriter Concert Showcases Local Talent
- Camden County Freeholders Support Pennsylvania DEP’s Denial of Waste Recycling Facility
SNJ Today is a Southern New Jersey news and information source that is dedicated to providing current stories related specifically to South Jersey.
Do you have community news or events? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org